Saturday 1 June 2013

Suki Dayo: “I love you” - Review

sukidayo.jpg

A girl named Megumi transfers into an outstanding private school.
Well, she lived a normal life, what will happen when she goes there?!
Inside the school, there is an Enchanted Forest.
Whoever goes there, disappears. Is this rumor true?
Some say it's because of a student who went there.
He kicked various plants and flowers which angered the Guardian of the forest.
After that, he disappeared. Is this true? Or is this wrong?
Megumi is also single, help her find a boyfriend.

Megumi - You. A girl who transferred to an outstanding private school.

Landlord - The Landlord of the dorm you're living in. She is the first person you became comfortable with. She has secrets.

Ayu - You're seatmate in class. She's your friend and she's very close with Arashi. She has a huge brother complex. She's also an airhead. (kinda)

Arashi - You met him on the way to school, he's your school mate. Very close with Ayu. He is nice and princely, very easy to approach.

Gray - Your rude roommate at the dorm you're staying at. He may not look like it but, he is caring in a way.

Naru - The cat person at the forest. He's cute and small in height.

This short visual novel was made in the space of 2 months and is the authors second one completed. For me the story was lacking hugely. None of the characters really had any strong personalities and although some do have defining characteristics none of them felt real. I think that if the author had spent less time making so many endings (about 13 in total) and a little more time on the story and background of each character it could have been so much better as there was a lot of potential but in the end it fell flat. I was left with a lot of questions such as; “Why was the landlord throwing books around in the first place?” and “Why is it stated that the place in which Megumi studies is not only a college but a university as well when it doesn't seem to have any impact on the novel at all?”. Granted I didn't managed to finish this one so my answers may be hidden in there someone but I'm not curious enough to find out. Another thing I found strange was the brother, sister 'true love' story. I... I honestly just don't know how to cover something like that. The story also seems very rushed, such as falling completely in love in the space of 2-3 days... I don't buy it. Maybe I'm just not a hopeless romantic but again, it just didn't feel believable this time round.

Overall it's not bad for a second project and I think it was solo made too – but don't quote me on that! It's probably not something I would go out of my way to recommend but at the same time, the novel does seem to have a lot of positive feedback. However, if you are interested in giving this one a try, head over to Lemma Soft Forums to get your copy.

I've also managed to make a bit of a walkthrough for anyone interested!

6 comments:

  1. I really wish there was a walkthrough for this... It looks so cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't a single one out yet? Well if you like, I'd be happy to try and make one for you :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Oh! I would love for you to make one I got ends that weren't great a couple of times if you could make a walkthrough I WOULD LOVE YOU FOREVER! ~<3 -Biyu

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want the end with NARU >.< i have the bad naru end the end whit gray the end whit the pink girl the end with friends the end with friend whit blue hair boy then the and whit the b-girl :P good and bad why i cant have the end whit naru >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. For everyone asking for the walkthrough, I'm working on it but there just seem to be so many endings and I didn't particularly find this game to my liking. With that said, I'm hoping to have it done in the next day or two so please bare with me - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The walkthrough is now up - http://minasmadhouse.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/suki-dayo-i-love-you-walkthrough.html

    ReplyDelete